iis 5 virtual directory on samba share

jon wackley

Hi All,

Hope that this is the correct group to post this in, I'm quite stuck and
have tried a great number of things including the MS knowledgebase, google,
and other resources.

I created a samba share and pointed an iis virtual directory to it. I
access the directory by creating a new web project in VB.NET 2003. I create
a simple aspx page that has only a label on it and I build it. When I
execute the program I get the following error;

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication1.Global'.

From reading a number of posts on google it seems that a number of people
have got a similar scenario working. As mentioned earlier I followed all
the suggested details as outlined in knowledgebase articles, i.e. virtual
directory has the same name as the web project name to name one. Did quite
a bit of experimentation with no luck. Here are some of the details;

samba server: suse linux 8.2 with 2.2.8a samba with ext3, acls and
user_xattr enabled. Can create and modify acls from win2k client no
problem.

iis server: on win2k sp4, .net framework 1.1

Would greatly appreciate assistance.

Thanks,
jonw

jon wackley

Hi,

Tried test with MS share and the same problem exists. If the assembly is
entered into the GAC then it works. Seems to be related to the fact that it
can't find the assembly. There seems to be no way to specify another
location of the assembly except in a subdirectory, i.e. bin. How does one
troubleshoot the "Can't load type" form of problems? BTW - there was no
obvious problem indication from packet capture with ethereal.

Thanks,
jonw