IIS 6.0 ASP.NET Process Identity and ODBC

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Aras Kucinskas, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    My WS ASP.NET application runs on IIS 6.0 and should connect to FoxPro DB on
    file server over OLE DB ODBC connection. Special user is created on file
    server for this application. I cannot find the right solution how to change
    Process Identity.

    App impersonates some user identity

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="MyUser" password="MyPass" />

    In this case application can read files with System.IO components on
    specified file server directory, but System.Data.Odbc namespace components
    not, because the try to connect with default IIS user identity - NETWORK
    SERVICE. Maybe the problem is in MTS? Vfpodbc.dll starts in different
    process with other identity?

    How to find a solution?

    Thanks

    Aras
    Aras Kucinskas, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Aras Kucinskas

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:37:16 +0300, "Aras Kucinskas" <> wrote:

    ¤ Hi,
    ¤
[...]

    If you need to enable impersonation for a specific user then your web application should be
    implementing Basic or integrated NT authentication. Your web site isn't set up for Anonymous access
    is it?

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Thanks. I change application pool's worker process identity in Application
    Pools Properties - Identity Tab.

    Aras Kucinskas, Sep 6, 2004