    Can anyone provide some insight into how this can be optimized.
    Thanks,
    Geoff

    Geoff Winsor, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Geoff Winsor

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:31:04 -0700, "Geoff Winsor"
    <> wrote:

    >I just finished migrating our web site to Windows server 2003 from Windows
    >2000. It consists of a mix of static html and .asp pages that mostly
    >connect to MS access databases on the back end. Before going live with the
    >changes, everything worked very well. After going public, IIS 6.0 continues
    >to serve the static html pages with no problem but chokes on the ASP pages
    >(however not timing out), even though the web traffic is not high (around 40
    >or 50 anonymous users at a time). I dont think it is a problem on the back
    >end since we had that problem once before and made some changes under the
    >advanced ODBC settings that sped things up. In addition a couple of the .asp
    >pages only serve html and exhibit the same problem.
    >Can anyone provide some insight into how this can be optimized.

    1) Stop using an ODBC connection, use an OLEDB connection instead.

    2) Stop using Access. There is a documented Jet bug at this time
    anyway, and Access is a bottleneck for most database uses.

    3) Optimize code. IIS6 doesn't let you be as sloppy, so make sure
    you close connections, destroy objects, have tight code and so on.

    4) Try running in a separate process. For a low volume site it
    likely will make no difference though.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 18, 2004