IIS 6.0 Compression + xml http

VP

Hi,

When I send a request to a dynamic page with xmlhttp object, the response is
not cached. This is due to the fact that IIS 6.0 will set the cache expiry
date for the response as January 1, 1997 while compressing. Thus loosing the
cache.

I tried giving Response.Cache.SetExpires to future date. Caching is
achieved, but IIS skips compression. I need to have both for performance.

I looked for gzipping the output, but couldnt find a way in .NET framework
1.x.

Any lights on this issue?

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote VP,
Hi,

When I send a request to a dynamic page with xmlhttp object, the
response is not cached. This is due to the fact that IIS 6.0 will set
the cache expiry date for the response as January 1, 1997 while
compressing. Thus loosing the cache.

I tried giving Response.Cache.SetExpires to future date. Caching is
achieved, but IIS skips compression. I need to have both for
performance.

I looked for gzipping the output, but couldnt find a way in .NET
framework 1.x.

Any lights on this issue?

Check out http://www.blowery.org/code/HttpCompressionModule.html

Cheers,