IIS 6.0 Is Truncating HTML

eric.irestone

I am working on an application and I am running into some interesting
behavior. From what has been researched thus far IIS seems to not be
fulfilling all of the expected body of a HTTP request.

When this occurs there is a WIN32 error code being written to the IIS
log:
W3SVC67 10.2.184.113 GET (URI) 443 (USER) (IP) Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;
+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727)
200 0 1450

A 1450 translates as "insufficient system resources exist to complete
the requested service" but the server has 16 GB of RAM. This so far is
the only actual error that is being written anywhere on the server.
The ASP.Net worker process doesn't seem to shoot above 250 MB when
browsing the page.

Examining the HTTP request and response in Fiddler shows the Content-
Length as 2086587 for the response, but the resultant body is only
458,174. This is not the same breaking point for all responses and
there are times this doesn't occur on most pages. The user can
experience Page Cannot Be Displayed or partially rendered pages. This
only occurs when the site is browsed when using SSL, normal non-secure
traffic doesn't result in this behavior.

We are overriding the default maxRequestLength and executionTimeout
but these settings seem to be more for requests vs the response from
the ASP.

Server Detail:
Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2
SQL 2005 Enterprise SP2 / AWE Configured for 10 GB and to Lock
Physical Pages

Does this have any precedence in the community or does are there
suggested high performance tips for ASP/IIS for memory.

Thanks

Anthony Jones

[...]

I've not come across this specifically myself but if someone else here
hasn't seen this you should try the inetserver.iis group. It sounds like
the sort of problem best handled there.