IIS 6.0 Is Truncating HTML

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by eric.irestone@gmail.com, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I am working on an application and I am running into some interesting
    behavior. From what has been researched thus far IIS seems to not be
    fulfilling all of the expected body of a HTTP request.

    When this occurs there is a WIN32 error code being written to the IIS
    log:
    W3SVC67 10.2.184.113 GET (URI) 443 (USER) (IP) Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;
    +MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727)
    200 0 1450

    A 1450 translates as "insufficient system resources exist to complete
    the requested service" but the server has 16 GB of RAM. This so far is
    the only actual error that is being written anywhere on the server.
    The ASP.Net worker process doesn't seem to shoot above 250 MB when
    browsing the page.

    Examining the HTTP request and response in Fiddler shows the Content-
    Length as 2086587 for the response, but the resultant body is only
    458,174. This is not the same breaking point for all responses and
    there are times this doesn't occur on most pages. The user can
    experience Page Cannot Be Displayed or partially rendered pages. This
    only occurs when the site is browsed when using SSL, normal non-secure
    traffic doesn't result in this behavior.

    We are overriding the default maxRequestLength and executionTimeout
    but these settings seem to be more for requests vs the response from
    the ASP.

    Server Detail:
    Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2
    SQL 2005 Enterprise SP2 / AWE Configured for 10 GB and to Lock
    Physical Pages

    Does this have any precedence in the community or does are there
    suggested high performance tips for ASP/IIS for memory.

    Thanks

    , Nov 21, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    > I am working on an application and I am running into some interesting
    > behavior. From what has been researched thus far IIS seems to not be
    > fulfilling all of the expected body of a HTTP request.
    >
    > When this occurs there is a WIN32 error code being written to the IIS
    > log:
    > W3SVC67 10.2.184.113 GET (URI) 443 (USER) (IP) Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;
    > +MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727)
    > 200 0 1450
    >
    > A 1450 translates as "insufficient system resources exist to complete
    > the requested service" but the server has 16 GB of RAM. This so far is
    > the only actual error that is being written anywhere on the server.
    > The ASP.Net worker process doesn't seem to shoot above 250 MB when
    > browsing the page.
    >
    > Examining the HTTP request and response in Fiddler shows the Content-
    > Length as 2086587 for the response, but the resultant body is only
    > 458,174. This is not the same breaking point for all responses and
    > there are times this doesn't occur on most pages. The user can
    > experience Page Cannot Be Displayed or partially rendered pages. This
    > only occurs when the site is browsed when using SSL, normal non-secure
    > traffic doesn't result in this behavior.
    >
    > We are overriding the default maxRequestLength and executionTimeout
    > but these settings seem to be more for requests vs the response from
    > the ASP.
    >
    > Server Detail:
    > Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2
    > SQL 2005 Enterprise SP2 / AWE Configured for 10 GB and to Lock
    > Physical Pages
    >
    > Does this have any precedence in the community or does are there
    > suggested high performance tips for ASP/IIS for memory.

    I've not come across this specifically myself but if someone else here
    hasn't seen this you should try the inetserver.iis group. It sounds like
    the sort of problem best handled there.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Nov 21, 2007