IIS 6.0 missing random dll problem

Piotr Nowak

HI,

Im running IIS 6.0 and asp.net 1.1 application.
Everything works fine until i try to get database connection through our
DAO objects.

What i get is missing dll, which is different after every page refresh,
for example (IIS error page):

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\avww1qdr.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/IntraDOK/Main
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/avww1qdr.dll.

This weird dll is different everytime i refresh page.
What is wrong, i dont miss any dll, everything should work fine because
my team developers are using the same version of our web application
from team server.

i think is my configuration on my local machine, anybody knows solution ?

greets.

Piotr Nowak

Mike napisa³(a):
is the dll registered on the web server?
What do you mean ?
Its a weird dll, which is different everytime i reload page.

i dont even know what kind of dll it is..

any ideas ?

Juan T. Llibre

Does the account ASP.NET runs as have
read/write/change permissions to C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/

?

Piotr Nowak

Juan T. Llibre napisa³(a):
Does the account ASP.NET runs as have
read/write/change permissions to C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/

?
yes, all rights, like admin account.

Juan T. Llibre

Please review the required ACLs for ASP.NET Applications at :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx

....and make sure the account ASP.NET runs as,
whether it's the process account or a configured one, has the permissions in that list.

One way to insure that the account has all permissions, instead of assigning
permissions manually, is to unregister and re-register ASP.NET with IIS.

First, from a command window in the .Net Framework 2.0 directory, run

aspnet_regiis -u

That will unregister the .Net Framework with IIS.

....then, run

aspnet_regiis -i

That will re-register the .Net Framework with IIS, recreating the process account
and granting the necessary permissions to the default account.

You are using Windows Server 2003, so that account is "NT Authority\Network Service".

If you are impersonating, you need to run

aspnet_regiis -GA domain\accountname
or
aspnet_regiis -GA machinename\accountname

If you are not impersonating, you can skip that command.