IIS 6.0 missing random dll problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Piotr Nowak, May 31, 2007.

  1. Piotr Nowak

    Piotr Nowak Guest

    HI,

    Im running IIS 6.0 and asp.net 1.1 application.
    Everything works fine until i try to get database connection through our
    DAO objects.

    What i get is missing dll, which is different after every page refresh,
    for example (IIS error page):

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\avww1qdr.dll
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/IntraDOK/Main
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
    custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/avww1qdr.dll.

    This weird dll is different everytime i refresh page.
    What is wrong, i dont miss any dll, everything should work fine because
    my team developers are using the same version of our web application
    from team server.

    i think is my configuration on my local machine, anybody knows solution ?

    greets.

    Piotr Nowak, May 31, 2007

  2. Piotr Nowak

    Mike Guest

    is the dll registered on the web server?

    Mike, May 31, 2007

  3. Piotr Nowak

    Piotr Nowak Guest

    Mike napisa³(a):
    > is the dll registered on the web server?
    >

    > "Piotr Nowak" <> wrote in message
    >> HI,
    >>
    >> Im running IIS 6.0 and asp.net 1.1 application.
    >> Everything works fine until i try to get database connection through our
    >> DAO objects.
    >>
    >> What i get is missing dll, which is different after every page refresh,
    >> for example (IIS error page):
    >>
    >> === Pre-bind state information ===
    >> LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\avww1qdr.dll
    >> LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/IntraDOK/Main
    >> LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    >> Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    >> ===
    >>
    >> LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    >> partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    >> LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/avww1qdr.dll.
    >>

    >> This weird dll is different everytime i refresh page.
    >> What is wrong, i dont miss any dll, everything should work fine because my
    >> team developers are using the same version of our web application from
    >> team server.
    >>
    >> i think is my configuration on my local machine, anybody knows solution ?
    >>
    >> greets.

    What do you mean ?
    Its a weird dll, which is different everytime i reload page.

    i dont even know what kind of dll it is..

    any ideas ?

    Piotr Nowak, Jun 1, 2007
  4. Does the account ASP.NET runs as have
    read/write/change permissions to C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/

    ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    foros de asp.net, en espanol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 1, 2007
  5. Piotr Nowak

    Piotr Nowak Guest

    Juan T. Llibre napisa³(a):
    > Does the account ASP.NET runs as have
    > read/write/change permissions to C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/
    >
    > ?
    >

    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en espanol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > ======================================
    > "Piotr Nowak" <> wrote in message
    >> Mike napisa³(a):
    >>> is the dll registered on the web server?
    >>>

    >>> "Piotr Nowak" <> wrote in message

    >> What do you mean ?
    >> Its a weird dll, which is different everytime i reload page.
    >>
    >> i dont even know what kind of dll it is..
    >>
    >> any ideas ?

    yes, all rights, like admin account.

    Piotr Nowak, Jun 1, 2007
  6. Please review the required ACLs for ASP.NET Applications at :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx

    ....and make sure the account ASP.NET runs as,
    whether it's the process account or a configured one, has the permissions in that list.

    One way to insure that the account has all permissions, instead of assigning
    permissions manually, is to unregister and re-register ASP.NET with IIS.

    First, from a command window in the .Net Framework 2.0 directory, run

    aspnet_regiis -u

    That will unregister the .Net Framework with IIS.

    ....then, run

    aspnet_regiis -i

    That will re-register the .Net Framework with IIS, recreating the process account
    and granting the necessary permissions to the default account.

    You are using Windows Server 2003, so that account is "NT Authority\Network Service".

    If you are impersonating, you need to run

    aspnet_regiis -GA domain\accountname
    or
    aspnet_regiis -GA machinename\accountname

    If you are not impersonating, you can skip that command.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 1, 2007