IIS 6.0 perl problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Kevin_S, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. Kevin_S

    Kevin_S Guest

    Hello,

    Have done quit a bit of searching and reading but can't find my problem
    yet. I am moving our corporate intranet from an old NT4 server to a
    2003 Server. Everything is working fine except for a little perl
    application in/out board we run.

    Application website:
    http://www.uburst.com/uSignIn

    I am getting a 404 page not found error, which according to their
    troubleshooting is usually because of 1 of 4 things. I have tried to
    go through the "4 things" and still can't find my problem.

    http://www.uburst.com/uSignIn/troubleshooting.html

    Unfortunately that page and their "support forum" which has turned into
    a knowledge base didn't solve the problem for me. I have also tried
    following the troubleshooting steps for IIS outlined on the activeperl
    website here:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/do...dows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#configure_IIS_60

    Again, everything seemed to check out.

    I cannot run a simple test script as outlined in the troubleshooting.

    If I go to the cmd prompt I can run "perl -v" and get the proper
    output, that I am running activeperl v5.8.7, etc...

    I have to be missing a permission or missing a setting to make scripts
    allowed somewhere right?

    Right now my scripts are located at d:\wwwroot\cgi-bin.
    I have temporarily given IUSR...xxxxxxxx full control over the cgi-bin
    and wwwroot folders.
    The cgi-bin directories "Execute Permissions" are set to "Scirpts &
    Executables".

    Anyone got any ideas on where to start or how to further narrow down my
    problem?
    PS - I'm a total perl amatuer, I only installed it once before, and
    that was to run this third party app.
    Kevin_S, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Kevin_S <> wrote:

    > If I go to the cmd prompt I can run "perl -v" and get the proper
    > output
    >
    > I have to be missing a permission or missing a setting to make scripts
    > allowed somewhere right?

    Right.

    comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows

    > or how to further narrow down my
    > problem?

    You can eliminate Perl as the cause of the problem.

    You do not have a Perl problem, you have a web server configuration
    problem.

    Web server configuration is off-topic in the Perl newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Sep 7, 2006

  3. Kevin_S

    Kevin_S Guest

    Thanks, I'll try a MS Server or IIS newsgroup.

    Kevin_S, Sep 7, 2006