IIS 6.0 perl problem

Kevin_S

Hello,

Have done quit a bit of searching and reading but can't find my problem
yet. I am moving our corporate intranet from an old NT4 server to a
2003 Server. Everything is working fine except for a little perl
application in/out board we run.

Application website:
http://www.uburst.com/uSignIn

I am getting a 404 page not found error, which according to their
troubleshooting is usually because of 1 of 4 things. I have tried to
go through the "4 things" and still can't find my problem.

http://www.uburst.com/uSignIn/troubleshooting.html

Unfortunately that page and their "support forum" which has turned into
a knowledge base didn't solve the problem for me. I have also tried
following the troubleshooting steps for IIS outlined on the activeperl
website here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/do...dows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#configure_IIS_60

Again, everything seemed to check out.

I cannot run a simple test script as outlined in the troubleshooting.

If I go to the cmd prompt I can run "perl -v" and get the proper
output, that I am running activeperl v5.8.7, etc...

I have to be missing a permission or missing a setting to make scripts
allowed somewhere right?

Right now my scripts are located at d:\wwwroot\cgi-bin.
I have temporarily given IUSR...xxxxxxxx full control over the cgi-bin
and wwwroot folders.
The cgi-bin directories "Execute Permissions" are set to "Scirpts &
Executables".

Anyone got any ideas on where to start or how to further narrow down my
problem?
PS - I'm a total perl amatuer, I only installed it once before, and
that was to run this third party app.

Tad McClellan

comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows

or how to further narrow down my
problem?

You can eliminate Perl as the cause of the problem.

You do not have a Perl problem, you have a web server configuration
problem.

Web server configuration is off-topic in the Perl newsgroup.

Kevin_S

Thanks, I'll try a MS Server or IIS newsgroup.