[IIS 7.0]Handler for asmx page ?

Oriane

Hi there,

When I try to access a Web service running on my default Web site, on Vista
and IIS 7.0, I get an error message : "the MIME type is not recognized". So
I guess that the asmx handler is not configured ???

Regards

Mr. Arnold

Oriane said:
Hi there,

When I try to access a Web service running on my default Web site, on
Vista and IIS 7.0, I get an error message : "the MIME type is not
recognized". So I guess that the asmx handler is not configured ???

Well, go check the MIME types on the Web server and see if .asmx is in
there.

Guest

The .asmx extension is automatically recognized by the ASP.NET runtime. So I
think what you really need to check is whether ASP.NET is "enabled". In IIS
7.0, nothing is enabled by default - you have to "turn it on".
Peter

ronscottlangham

Hi there,

When I try to access a Web service running on my default Web site, on Vista
and IIS 7.0, I get an error message : "the MIME type is not recognized". So
I guess that the asmx handler is not configured ???

Regards

There is a chance that ASP.NET is not registered properly with IIS.
This has happened to me and I had to run asp_regiis.exe to re-register
it.

1. Open a command prompt and go to the Microsoft.Net Framework version
directory,
e.g. cd C:\Winnt\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\

2 Run the asp_regiis.exe program with -i
e.g. asp_regiis -i

Not sure if you have to restart IIS or not

Another test is to create a simple aspx web page and see if you can
access it. Possibly it will give you a better error message than a
web service method does.

Ron

Oriane

Hi Peter,
Peter Bromberg said:
The .asmx extension is automatically recognized by the ASP.NET runtime. So
think what you really need to check is whether ASP.NET is "enabled". In
IIS
7.0, nothing is enabled by default - you have to "turn it on".
So how do I do that ?

Regards

Oriane

Hi Ron,
There is a chance that ASP.NET is not registered properly with IIS.
This has happened to me and I had to run asp_regiis.exe to re-register
it.
It would be a shame as Asp.Net is preinstalled on Vista !!!

Oriane

Oriane

Hi Mr Arnold,

Mr. Arnold said:
Oriane said:
Hi Peter,
"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <[email protected]> a écrit
dans le message de
(e-mail address removed)...
The .asmx extension is automatically recognized by the ASP.NET runtime.
So I
think what you really need to check is whether ASP.NET is "enabled". In
IIS
7.0, nothing is enabled by default - you have to "turn it on".
So how do I do that ?

Your friend is Google.
http://intersoftpt.wordpress.com/2006/11/25/enabling-aspnet-20-in-vista-rtm/
I don't understand why "IIS 7.0 help" is not my friend.
Thanks for the link, it works now :))

Oriane