IIS 7.0 Scripting.FileSystemObject

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andrew, Mar 1, 2010.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I created a simple test script below:

    Dim s
    Dim a
    Set s = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObjectâ€)
    Set a = s.getFile(Server.MapPath(“test.txtâ€))

    Error: File NOT found. I am tying to read a file located under "wwwroot"

    I installed classic ASP support. Added the site to the "classic asp"
    application Pool (unmanaged, enabled parent paths). I added IUSR and
    IUSR_Users to the permissions. I even tried to add "everyone" full access to
    the file.

    YES. The file Exist. I did a Response.Write on the Path and copied and
    paste the result in the address bar. The path is hard coded.

    I have NO idea what is causing the problem. "File Not found" is not the
    reason. The file exist. It must be a permission issue (I think).

    any ideas what I can change or fix?
    Andrew, Mar 1, 2010

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Using Windows 2008 with all the updates installed.

    Andrew, Mar 1, 2010

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    fixed it. forgot to set read/write permissions on the classic asp handler.

    Andrew, Mar 1, 2010