IIS 7 and IHttpHandlerFactory

Steve B.

Hi,

We have build a custom class that implement IHttpHandlerFactory in order to
handle all request to a IIS web site.

In IIS 6, we just added the aspnet_isapi.dll to the list of generic mapping
(properties -> Wildcards application maps). We also added a line in the
web.config in <handlers> section.
This is working as expected, all incoming http request are handled by our
factory (in which we choose between a custom handler and standard handlers).

When we tried to install the application in IIS 7 (Vista, but I suppose this
would be the same in windows server 2008), but the option we filled in iis 6
does not exists anymore, problably because of the new model of IIS 7.

So my question is : how can I redirected all incoming request to our custom
factory ? Is this method the best way to reach my goal ?

Thanks in advance,
Steve