IIS account used for anonymous access

cowznofsky

I'm using my laptop at work to develop WCF web services.

At one point I was having connectivity problems, and support changed
the name of the machine (I'm not sure what is involved with this).

So, say the machine was named ABC, and the default account for IIS
anonymous access was IUSR_ABC. Now the machine is named DEF, but the
IIS account is still IUSR_ABC.

When I try to test my local web service, there is a warning message
from W3SVC in the event log:
The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'IUSR_ABC' due
to the following error: Logon failure: the user has not been granted
the requested logon type at this computer.

I don't see any evidence of users IUSR_ABC or IUSR_DEF.

Thoughts?

Andrew Morton

From my notes on getting IIS 5.0 to work, one of these may be applicable:

A) Re-installed W2000 and now the IWAM_computername account can't log on?
Synciwam refusing to work? You need Q269367
B) Changed nothing and now it's asking for a password? Switch off the
password sync option, set the password in the same page, change the pwd in
Users and Passwords, go back and switch on password sync.

Andrew