    I've created a showip.htm file on each server that has the server's IP
    address in it so I can identify.

    Opinions?
    dm4714, Mar 30, 2005

  2. dm4714

    Bruce Barker Guest

    with typical load balancing, each request from the client goes to a
    different box. so if you page has any images, javscript src, or iframes,
    this request each go to a different server. then each page request should go
    to a different server. in thsi case the user is not on a given server.

    some load balancers support server affinity, when the user is locked to a
    given server thru a cookie, but this systems are less reliable.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Mar 30, 2005

  3. dm4714

    dm4714 Guest

    I believe we're using the Affinity. Because I have a banner on each server
    that distinguishes which server they're on. Basically, they are on the same
    server for the life of the session. Although I do have links to other
    servers for non-load balanced applications. However, it still shows them
    being on the same server even though the page came from a different server.

    dm4714, Mar 31, 2005