    was to wipe out the HD and reinstall windows. Be forwarned about this
    product. Symantec tech support was TOTALLY useless on this issue as
    well. Can anybody make any other recommendations for a firewall product?

    Philip Townsend, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Philip Townsend

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Try sygate, it used to be decent... make sure you dont use block all when
    your browser tries to access inetinfo.exe

    --
    Regards,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Philip Townsend

    Jason Guest

    I have been doing web development for some time using the
    free version of ZoneAlarm from ZoneLabs.com. I have been
    using it for about 3 years and it is solid. The best part
    is that it is free for personal use. They also offer
    ZoneAlarm Pro for a about $40 which is much more robust.
    You may want to check it out.

    ***

    Jason, Dec 30, 2003