IIS and user accounts

Steffen Loringer

Hi group,

I'm changing the access rights in directories for example for the ASP_WP
account. Is it necessary to shutdown and restart IIS for the changes to
take effect?

Where can I find more information on this?

Thanks for help..

Steffen

Peter O'Reilly

I'm changing the access rights in directories for example for the ASP_WP
account. Is it necessary to shutdown and restart IIS for the changes to
take effect?

No need to restart IIS. The changes are immediate.

Also, just a reminder - you have to sets of file permissions: virtual and
NTFS.
Virtual settings are done through IIS (typically; pre Win XP) and NTFS
settings are performed
via Windows Explorer.

HTH.