IIS and WebDav problems

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by zdaudert@gmail.com, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to setup IIS 6 to allow web developers to connect up to the
    web root of a website via WebDav and work on site files including .asp
    and .aspx files.

    I have setup a website for this purpose in IIS. The home directory is
    mapped to a local folder on the machine. Under the 'home directory' tab
    all the permission boxes are checked ('script source access, read,
    write, etc...). Execute permissions are set to 'scripts and
    executables'. I've also removed .asp from the 'application extensions'
    list accessed from the 'configuration' tab. Basic authentication is
    turned on under 'directory security/authenticati on and access
    control'. I do not have URLScan installed, so any filtering is by IIS
    only.

    This is all working as expected; I can mount the WebDav connection in
    Windows Explorer and navigate, view and open/save files. I can also
    access the website via a browser and browse directories/view browser
    appropriate files, etc. The problem is that I cannot access any .asp
    files at all. If I look in the logs for the website I get a entry for
    the WebDav request (PROPFIND) with a 404 error. The file *is there* I
    just can't access it. Other files (.html, .css., .jpg, etc.) work fine.

    What can I enable/disable in IIS to make this work?? I have spent hours
    on this already and about to give up.

    , Oct 24, 2006