    and don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

    Thanks

    Simon
    Si, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Si

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Si" wrote in message news:...
    : Is there a component I can download that will run asp on XP Home?
    :
    : I have XP Pro on my home dev system but only have XP Home on my laptop
    : and don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

    I don't think there is one you can download but you can use IIS 5.0 that
    comes with W2K Pro. MSFT doesn't support IIS on XP Home.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Si

    Danny@Kendal Guest

    "Si" <simonATthedigitalvisionDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a component I can download that will run asp on XP Home?
    >
    > I have XP Pro on my home dev system but only have XP Home on my laptop and
    > don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

    A quick Google found this link
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/running_iis_on_xp_home_edition.htm
    Danny@Kendal, Sep 9, 2005