IIS (asp.net 2.0):: logon failure

Ed Warren

System WinXp, running IIS, with asp.net 2.0, Visual Studio 2005,
sqlServerExpress 2005

I'm trying to install a program that builds a database via IIs. I get the
following error when it trys to connect to the sql server

"Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection"

I have verified the Sql server instance is in mixed mode.
I have verified the account 'sa' is active and has a valid password
(although, I would much rather not have to use it)

I don't have enough knowledge of IIS to know where to go next to make the
setting changes needed to install this software.

Note: the sample VS 2005 remote logon (where one builds a logon page and
'members only' page works), so I know I can get from IIS to the sqlServer.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ed Warren.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Ed,

are you sure mixed mode is enabled - is the only reason i can think of for
that error message.

Ed Warren

Thanks for your rapid response.
I'm able to connect to the database using the sa logon via the SQL Server
Management Studio.

My best guess it is somewhere in the IIS setup, and the way it is trying to
connect to the database.

Ed Warren.

Paul Clement

¤
¤ My best guess it is somewhere in the IIS setup, and the way it is trying to
¤ connect to the database.

What does your connection string look like?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Ed Warren

Ahh, sometimes the simple gets in the way. I found the problem to be which
instance of the sql server I was trying to connect to. Now all works, and
it was the disabled sa account at fault.

Again, thaks to all that offered help

Ed Warren.