    - etc.

    Cheers,
    Ollie

    Ollie, Feb 14, 2005

  2. "Ollie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am looking to implement impersonation in an ASP application I am writing
    > and am using the MS article Q306158 as a reference. This article refers

    > "the IIS Authenticated Account or User". Can anyone tell me where I can

    find
    > out more about this account?
    > - the permissions it has
    > - what group if any it belongs to
    > - the user name of the account
    > - etc.

    What this means is the user that has authenticated with IIS. In other
    words, when you do not allow anonymous access to your web site and force
    users to logon.

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 14, 2005

  3. Ollie

    Ollie Guest

    I see. That makes sense.

    So if I do allow anonymous access to the site, an IIS Authenticated Account
    or User would not exist?

    Cheers,
    Ollie

    Ollie, Feb 14, 2005
  4. "Ollie" <> wrote in message
    > I see. That makes sense.
    >
    > So if I do allow anonymous access to the site, an IIS Authenticated

    Account
    > or User would not exist?

    Essentially yes.

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 14, 2005