IIS authentication and IE

monir

Everytime I try to run or execute a default.aspx or any other pages from
Visual Studio 2003 by right clicking on the default.aspx page and selecting
'View in Browser' option, a Log in dialog box appears asking for my user
name and password. How can I stop this login prompt from keep appearing?

FYI, the default.aspx is part of a intranet web application.
I am trying to execute the application from my local machine therefore, IE
shows the web address as http://localhost/MWLIntranetWebSite/default.aspx. I
am using IE 6.0, IIS V5.1 and integrated windows authentication mode.
Please Advise.

Dominick Baier

are you then retyping your current logon credentials - and it works?

how about when you open the app from outside VS?

monir

First of all, thanks for looking into this.

When I retype my current logon, it lets me in but partially works. For
example, image files as well as some of the contents of the pages do not
appear. It allows me to edit the code though.

FYI, it never prompted me for login info before and it used to load all the
image files as well as the contents correctly. So it seems to me that
whenever it prompts for login it does loads contents partially and when it
does not ask for the login then it loads everything correctly.

The same application also resides in the production server and it wroks fine
there. It's just prompts for login info when I try to open it from the local
machine.

I am not sure whether it is a IE browser issue or IIS authentication issue
or security upgrades from the microsoft site may have caused this.

Please advise.