IIS-authentication : 'Anonymous'

cmrchs

Hi,
Some illogical scenario...

I set the IIS-authentication method for the site I try to access to 'Anonymous'.

web.config-entries :
<authentication mode="None" />
<identity impersonate="true" />

<authorization>
<allow users="MYDOMAIN\IUSR_MYMACHINE" />
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

Then browsing to the site gives me :
User was not authenticated , using Anonymous access
Windows identity: MYDOMAIN\IUSR_MYMACHINE
==> OK

Now, when I change only in the authorization-tag
<authorization>
<allow users="MYDOMAIN\IUSR_MYMACHINE" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

do I get an Access Denied ???
I interpret the 2nd authorization-section as : Everyone is denied access but IUSR_MYMACHINE
This is not the case apparently. What am I missing here ?

Any ideas ?
thanks
Chris