    Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Pro for Tablet PC. Where
    can I find this information if it exists on the Internet?

    Just D.
    Just D., Nov 4, 2004

  2. Just D.

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Just D. wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I know that some versions if IIS like in Advanced Server are
    > supporting a run-time compression, and we can enable and use it. What
    > are requirements for the client side browser to work with compressed
    > web site? Do all browsers support this compression? For example is we
    > work from Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro and
    > Windows XP Pro for Tablet PC. Where can I find this information if it
    > exists on the Internet?

    HTTP compression is a standard feature of any modern browser (not of the
    OS). A browser sends an
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    to indicate this capability. If this header is not sent, the server should
    not use compression.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss
    www.joergjooss.de
    Joerg Jooss, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    Hi,

    "Joerg Jooss" <> wrote in message

    > HTTP compression is a standard feature of any modern browser (not of the
    > OS). A browser sends an
    > Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    > to indicate this capability. If this header is not sent, the server should
    > not use compression.

    Thanks for this info. I just found why it doesn't work with ASP.NET. Here
    are two links about that.

    http://www.wwwcoder.com/main/parentid/170/site/3669/68/default.aspx

    http://www.dotnetdevs.com/articles/IIS6Compression.aspx

    Regards,
    Just D.
    Just D., Nov 4, 2004
  4. Just D.

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Just D. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > "Joerg Jooss" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> HTTP compression is a standard feature of any modern browser (not of
    >> the OS). A browser sends an
    >> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    >> to indicate this capability. If this header is not sent, the server
    >> should not use compression.

    > Thanks for this info. I just found why it doesn't work with ASP.NET.
    > Here are two links about that.
    >
    > http://www.wwwcoder.com/main/parentid/170/site/3669/68/default.aspx
    >
    > http://www.dotnetdevs.com/articles/IIS6Compression.aspx

    BTW, IIS built-in compression is not the only way to use HTTP compression.
    For low-traffic sites, a HttpModule compressing the output stream works just
    fine.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss
    www.joergjooss.de
    Joerg Jooss, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Just D.

    S. HP Guest

    Have you taken a look at this utility ?

    http://www.port80software.com/products/zipenable/

    -
    Mvh
    SAHP, Denmark

    Mail :

    S. HP, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    The only one significant difference between my links and this one is -
    money. My two links allow to enable this compression for free using same ZIP
    or DEFLATE.

    Just D.

    Just D., Nov 4, 2004
  7. Just D.

    Ted Harper Guest

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:56:24 -0700, "Just D." <> wrote:

    >The only one significant difference between my links and this one is -
    >money. My two links allow to enable this compression for free using same ZIP
    >or DEFLATE.

    I've been using http://www.blowery.org/code/HttpCompressionModule.html
    for some time. Freeware also.

    ted.h.