IIS Could not load ASP.NET pages - Strange Solution

Guest

Hello i would like to share with you my adventure!!!

IIS could not load aspx or asmx pages by NO Means!
I reinstalled/unistalled/installed IIS .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 & 2 , Vs2005 ,Sql
server 2005 hundreds of times.
Searching the forums i found that the most possible solution would be IIS
mappings repair by using
aspnet_regiis -i.
I got the message that aspnet 2 finished installing with no errors.
I tried that with every possible combination or installing/reinstalling
iis,framework,vs2005.
I even tried aspnet_regiis -c
BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.
Then i tried regsvr32 frameworkpath\aspnet_isapi.dll which SHOULD be equal
to aspnet_regiis -i.

I got the message:
"aspnet_isapi.dll was loaded but DllRegisterServer entry point was not found."

I thought that very strange and after searching the net and found nothing,
in an action of despair i installed IISGuard by Troxo.com. and SUDDENLY it
worked!!!
I would be very happy if someone could tell what might have happened!!!
I have Windows 2000 SP4, IIS 5.0

John Timney \( MVP \)

One can only assume a registry entry got corrupted along the way, and did
not get overwritten when you did the reinstall as it already existed and was
not deleted at unisntall. IISGuard may have known what that entry should
have been given your configuration and corrected it for you. Only a guess
of course.

Guest

Well i can't think of anything else.

But i am certain that Zone Alarm is responsible for the first corrupt
installation.

Zone Alarm is known to have issues with IIS and ASP.NET.