IIS doesn't serve ASP.NET Applications

Vitaly Sedov

I am trying to open up a .Net application on my localhost but I get a
server error. On checking the Event log I found the following message:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The
specified metadata was not found.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

HTML pages works fine.
I've tried to reinstall .NET Framework and IIS, but it doesn't help.
I'm using Windows XP SP 2.0 + latest updates, IIS 6.0, .NET Framework 1.0
and .NET Framework 2.0.

Thank you,
Vitaly Sedov

Vitaly Sedov

Thank you for response!

After a number of reinstallations of IIS and .NET Framework I gor another
error message:
"Class not registered".
And I found one bad thing: there is no Distributed Transaction Coordinator
(MSDTC) in Services and I can't browse COM+ Components in
COMPONENT SERVICES>>COMPUTERS>>MY COMPUTER>>COM+ SERVICES.
The folowing error occured: Error code 8004E00F Com+ was unable to talk to
the MSDTC

Vitaly Sedov

Gotcha!

I solve this problem! The trouble was with Distributed Transaction
Coordinator (MSDTC) Service. I haven't it in my Services list before.
Then I reinstall it (using this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279786/en-us), reinstall IIS and register
IIS with aspnet_regiis utility.
And now everything works fine! I hope this information will help someone

Vitaly Sedov