iis error appdomain in asp.net 2.0

arindam.gupta

We have a asp.net 2.0 website (using VB.net) which uses SQL Server 2000
DB. To access the DB we have a DB dll, through which we make all the DB
calls.

We have 2 more dlls written in C#, which creates anonther part of the
entire application.
The first dll reads information from the DB using the DB dll, and
passes data to the MSMQ.
The 2nd dll reads the information from MSMQ and creates a memory
object. It also updates the memory object as data is got from the MSMQ.
These 2 dlls creates one thread each to do its work.

The asp.net website of our uses this memory object to display data on
the ASP page.

So what we do, is to initiate the 2 dlls from the global.asax page at
application start, and stop at applilcation end. This actually starts 2
threads from the 2 dlls respectively.

But what we observe is that when we start the application, and the IIS
(on win 2000 server) gets an error and restarts. On WinXP it gives a
AppDomain error. We are not able to debug and reach the exact location
inside the threads on WinXP dev environment.

Can anyone pls suggest y this is happening.

We have also noticed that when a DB call is made from one aspx page,
following it another DB call from another aspx page also causes the IIS
to restart.

Pls suggest.