IIS error: The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dave, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    I keep getting the error message below when I try to access my
    default.aspx page on a MS 2003 server. I am using v2 of .net.

    I've been rehashing the file security settings and the web settings
    but can't find a solution. If I place a 'test.html' doc as the
    default doc the browsers shows the doc, but not the default.aspx doc.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Error:

    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
    adjust your browser settings. The Web site might be experiencing

    dave, Apr 25, 2006

  2. You probably have some kind of error in you aspx page but because you have
    custom errors turned on IIS is sending the browser "freindly" error messages.

    If you make sure the customErrors lin in you web.config file reads something
    like the one below you will get a more helpfull error message.

    <customErrors mode="Off"/>

    You may also want to turn de-bugging on by setting the debugging property of
    the comp;liation tage to tru, like the line below

    <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"
    urlLinePragmas="true"/>

    You waould want to put these settings back to how they were in a production
    enviroment.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 25, 2006