IIS freezing after installing DSL

Dave Holmes

I have been using IIS under XP Pro to develop/test asp scripts locally.
This has performed with no problems for over two years. Recently, all
of my scripts timeout (nothing returned to the browser).

I've tried restarting IIS but receive an error message stating that it
could not be restarted in "a timely manner".

I've recently installed DSL (I previously had a dial-up connection) -
could this be a factor?

Any ideas?? Thank you.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Dave Holmes said:
I have been using IIS under XP Pro to develop/test asp scripts locally.
This has performed with no problems for over two years. Recently, all
of my scripts timeout (nothing returned to the browser).

I've tried restarting IIS but receive an error message stating that it
could not be restarted in "a timely manner".

I've recently installed DSL (I previously had a dial-up connection) -
could this be a factor?

Any ideas?? Thank you.

Are there any relevant messages in the System or Application Event logs?

Jeff Cochran

I have been using IIS under XP Pro to develop/test asp scripts locally.
This has performed with no problems for over two years. Recently, all
of my scripts timeout (nothing returned to the browser).

I've tried restarting IIS but receive an error message stating that it
could not be restarted in "a timely manner".

I've recently installed DSL (I previously had a dial-up connection) -
could this be a factor?

Any ideas??

Do you think it's an ASP issue? If not, this is the wrong group. Try
the IIS group, where they'll tell you to try a HTML file, and if that
works it's an AV/Personal Firewall issue. If not it might be a
gateway, routing, name resolution, etc.

Jeff

Dave Holmes

It was script blocking - I upgraded Norton when I installed the DSL and
forgot to turn it off!

Thanks to all who replied.