    from here?

    Thanks,
    rjb
    rjb, Sep 29, 2004

  2. It sounds like you have at least one site who has a threading issue,
    possibly something blocking that causes it to fail

    There's also a possiblity the server is just overloaded, but most likely
    something is blocking.

    You need to bring up perfmon and add asp currently executing and asp threads
    pooled - you'll most likely find pooled threads when this happens.

    By threading / blocking, take for example you fetch a url from another site
    and that other site is down / slow - That timeout may be 30 seconds - Now
    all the sudden it takes 30 seconds for your asp page to finish, even if it
    ONLY calls the component and outputs the results. However after a few start
    executing you are blocked and other asp requests queue.

    There's various tuning you can do, but you probably need to find the problem
    instead of work around it.

    Steve Radich
    BitShop, Inc. - http://www.bitshop.com - NT Hosting Since 1995

    Microsoft News, Nov 10, 2004