    The to many users I do not understand, because at the moment I am the only
    one using (testing) the application. Anyone an idea what could be the
    problem and how to solve it?

    Cecil Westerhof, May 6, 2004

  2. Cecil Westerhof

    Dominique Guest

    make sure Crystal and/or Firebird close their sessions/connections when done
    processing a report...
    sounds like this builds up and creates a new session to the server each time

    ELSE, trust Crystal to be the one complaining about the too many users, coz
    IIS isn't closing sessions lol*
    in this case iis would hang coz it prolly keeps trying to get a new session
    going... who knows...

    "Cecil Westerhof" <> wrote in message
    > We have an application which uses Crystal Reports, FireBird and dynamic
    > views to display reports. When in a short period of time a lot of reports
    > are displayed IIS hangs. Stopping and starting IIS does not help. The only
    > solution to get IIS working again is a reboot. One time I got a message

    that

    Dominique, May 6, 2004

  3. "Dominique" <> wrote in message
    > make sure Crystal and/or Firebird close their sessions/connections when

    done
    > processing a report...
    > sounds like this builds up and creates a new session to the server each

    time

    As far as I can see, this goes okay. (But it is not my code and also not
    very well written.)

    > ELSE, trust Crystal to be the one complaining about the too many users,

    coz
    > IIS isn't closing sessions lol*
    > in this case iis would hang coz it prolly keeps trying to get a new

    session
    > going... who knows...

    I have some more information. It also happens when using the website in a
    more normal way. The only problem is that the only information that is
    logged are the GET's and POST's. (We are using XP Pro.) But when looking at
    this I found something strange. Before IIS hangs itself there are a lot of
    log entries with only spaces. Before those entries there are a lot of
    entries with status code 302 and 304. Could this have something to do with
    the problems?

    Cecil Westerhof, May 12, 2004