IIS hangs itself

Cecil Westerhof

We have an application which uses Crystal Reports, FireBird and dynamic
views to display reports. When in a short period of time a lot of reports
are displayed IIS hangs. Stopping and starting IIS does not help. The only
solution to get IIS working again is a reboot. One time I got a message that
there are to many users. But only once. All the other times it just hangs.
The to many users I do not understand, because at the moment I am the only
one using (testing) the application. Anyone an idea what could be the
problem and how to solve it?

Dominique

make sure Crystal and/or Firebird close their sessions/connections when done
processing a report...
sounds like this builds up and creates a new session to the server each time

ELSE, trust Crystal to be the one complaining about the too many users, coz
IIS isn't closing sessions lol*
in this case iis would hang coz it prolly keeps trying to get a new session
going... who knows...

Cecil Westerhof

Dominique said:
make sure Crystal and/or Firebird close their sessions/connections when done
processing a report...
sounds like this builds up and creates a new session to the server each
time

As far as I can see, this goes okay. (But it is not my code and also not
very well written.)

ELSE, trust Crystal to be the one complaining about the too many users, coz
IIS isn't closing sessions lol*
in this case iis would hang coz it prolly keeps trying to get a new session
going... who knows...

I have some more information. It also happens when using the website in a
more normal way. The only problem is that the only information that is
logged are the GET's and POST's. (We are using XP Pro.) But when looking at
this I found something strange. Before IIS hangs itself there are a lot of
log entries with only spaces. Before those entries there are a lot of
entries with status code 302 and 304. Could this have something to do with
the problems?