IIS Health Monitoring via ASP.NET

wwwmike

My applications (ASP.NET 2.0 /IIS 6) get restarted almost every 20
mintues.

When asking my dear provider, he/she replied that I should have a
closer look into my source code. Unfortunatelly they did not give me
any hints WHERE and WHY I have all these restarts. Granted, I pay
20USD/month and they want for sure not spend hours for detecting my
problem.

I suspect that my ADO.NET calls to SQL Server have something to do with
it. Note:There are absolutely no ASP.NET errors like ,"Connection
Timeouts", "full connection pool".

One thing I now for sure. There is always a application restart when I
kick a long running store procedure via ADO.NET. No error event is
raised exept an application restart. This of course doesnt tell me
much, WHY the application got restarted.

How can I figure out via ASP.NET why my applications gets restarted?
(detailed error report) I checked out the new Health Monitoring Class
System.Web.Management but honestly, I am not much a developer geek.

Thanks for helping

Mike :)

Vadivel Kumar

Did asked your provider to give you the Event log of the server on
suspected dates when the error occurred?

Maybe that will help you in identifying the problem. Because, whenever
Asp.NET process dies it will log the error information in the system
event log.

Let us know in case, if you're mucking around with this.

wwwmike

I asked my provider to send me the Log Event. But this log event did
not give me any clues. Thats why I need to be in full control via
ASP.NET to monitor my applications health.

How can I get more detailed information if asking my provider is out of
question

Here is the log event they sent me.

********LOG EVENT********
Reply from Tech Support at 5/31/2006 10:34:54 AM:
Here is the information from the events when the application is
recycling :

A process serving application pool 'xxxxx.com' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The
process id was '6764'. The data field contains the error number.

Here is the data field information in bytes :

0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..?

Here is the data field information in words :

0000: 8007006d

Is that information helpful to you?