IIS Included on Windows XP Pro OEM??

hstockbridge5

Hi,

I am going to purchase Windows XP Pro in order to install IIS. Is IIS
included on the OEM version of the software, or is it only included on
the full retail version?
Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Henry

Steven Burn

It's on both.... but beware, on 2K Pro/XP Pro, it is limited to one site and 10 concurrent connections (you'd be better off going for 2003 server or 2K Server/Advanced Server).

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

| Hi,
|
| I am going to purchase Windows XP Pro in order to install IIS. Is IIS
| included on the OEM version of the software, or is it only included on
| the full retail version?
| Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
|
| Henry

Jeff Cochran

I am going to purchase Windows XP Pro in order to install IIS. Is IIS
included on the OEM version of the software, or is it only included on
the full retail version?
Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

This isn't an ASP issue. If you had asked in the IIS group, they
would have said yes, all versions of XP Pro, but not XP Home.

Jeff