IIS.msc "Web Service Extensions" ... where is it ?

John Grandy

In KB article 817267 , it states :

1. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Internet
Information Services (IIS).
3. Click Web Service Extensions.
4. In the details pane, click ASP.NET v1.1.4322 in the Web Service Extension
list.
5. Click Allowed to change the status from Prohibited to Allowed.

I'm on XP Pro SP2 with IIS installed.

Opening my IIS.msc ( %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc ) , I do not see
any "Web Service Extensions" to click.

Anyone have any ideas ?

David Lozzi

I think the IIS in XP Pro is 5.0 or 5.1. Web extensions are in 6.0, which is
Windows 2003 server....