    ultimate?

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Steven Spits

    Andy Snook Guest

    Business or Ultimate I'm affraid :(

    Andy Snook, Feb 23, 2007

  3. Andy is incorrect. You can indeed install IIS on Vista Home Premium by going
    to the Programs and Features control panel, and selecting Add/Remove Windows
    features link on the left side of the control panel window. When selecting
    the features you want to install, be sure and select the ones that enable
    ASP.NET stuff.

    Cheers!
    Stephen

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBIYXRmaWVsZA==?=, Feb 23, 2007
  4. Steven Spits

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Feb 23, 2007
  5. Steven Spits

    Robert Firth Guest

    It seems that a very limited version of IIS is on Home Premium. I doubt that
    will satisfy your needs though.

    --
    /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    * Robert Firth *

    Robert Firth, Feb 23, 2007
  6. Not so.

    IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

    Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

    start /w pkgmgr
    /iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CGI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttpTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthorization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScripts;IIS-LegacySnapIn;WAS-WindowsActivationService;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnvironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

    See:
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...18b0-4c42-9884-5af83226e2bd1033.mspx?mfr=true

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 23, 2007
  7. Steven Spits

    Andy Snook Guest

    I stand corrected and learnt something new, I do apoligize.

    "Stephen Hatfield" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andy Snook, Feb 23, 2007
  8. Steven Spits

    Ray Guest

    Yup and from I found out, it's even on the Home Basic,
    the only difference between versions being the number
    of concurrent connections allowed, from about 3 to 10.

    That's good news for application compatibility :), 3-5 years
    down the road! :-(

    Ray, Feb 23, 2007
  9. Steven Spits

    Steven Spits Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

    > IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

    First of all, thanks to all who responded.

    > Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

    Are you very sure of this? A found one (and only one!) message from a guy
    who tried to do ASP.NET development on his Vista home premium machine, and
    he succesfully installed IIS. So far so good.

    However, debugging was not possible. Vista home premium apparently does not
    support Windows authentication, needed to debug an ASP.NET application from
    within VS.NET.

    Can anyone confirm this IS or ISN'T possible??

    With kind regards,

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Feb 23, 2007
  10. re:
    > Are you very sure of this?

    The original question was whether IIS could be *installed* on Vista Home Premium.
    IIS, and all of its features, *can* be installed.

    Some features may, or may not, work in specific OS's, though.

    If you aim to develop web applications which require Windows Authentication (WA),
    given that Home Premium does not support WA, you should consider using
    another OS which *does* support WA.

    In your case, they would be the Vista Ultimate, Business, and/or Enterprise Editions.

    In this page :
    http://207.46.196.114/WindowsServer...ddb7-4423-b1e5-df550e25713b1033.mspx?mfr=true
    there's a handy feature comparison table for all versions of Vista.

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 24, 2007
  11. Steven Spits

    Steven Spits Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

    > The original question was whether IIS could be *installed* on Vista Home
    > Premium.
    > IIS, and all of its features, *can* be installed.
    >
    > Some features may, or may not, work in specific OS's, though.

    Thank you, you made it clear for me.

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Feb 24, 2007
  12. Hi Ray,
    Is it really possible to install IIS on home basic? I would be very glad if
    it does.
    Should I be running the same command to install it?

    Please reply

    Regards
    Sujit

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VqaXQ=?=, May 7, 2007
  13. Hello Sujit,

    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...18b0-4c42-9884-5af83226e2bd1033.mspx?mfr=true

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    Michael Nemtsev, May 7, 2007
  14. Steven Spits

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Michael Nemtsev" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Sujit,
    >
    > http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...18b0-4c42-9884-5af83226e2bd1033.mspx?mfr=true

    What version of Vista Home Premium is this? From what I understand, IIS 7
    comes with Premium, at least on the one that was installed on the computer
    when I purchased it.

    The only problem with that IIS 7 is that it doesn't have Front Page
    Extensions, which is needed for development solutions such a VS 2003 or
    2005. That's why I had to upgrade to Ultimate to get the Front Page
    Extensions and IIS 7 together, which is also part of Vista Business.

    Mr. Arnold, May 7, 2007
  15. How do I save the script and what script program do I use for this:?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1ZGVudDU1Nw==?=, May 19, 2007
  16. re:
    !> How do I save the script and what script program do I use for this:?

    You can do it in two ways.

    One way is to install IIS, using the graphical interface, as detailed at :

    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...18b0-4c42-9884-5af83226e2bd1033.mspx?mfr=true

    You don't have to run the Pkgmgr.exe "script" (really a batch file)
    if you install IIS from the UI.

    OR, you can copy the pkgmgr.exe script on that page into a text file and make sure the
    whole thing is in ONE line, and then rename the text file to "InstallAndConfigureIIS.bat",
    open a command window to the directory it's in, and execute the batch file.

    Both ways do exactly the same thing, if you select all the "Application Development Features"
    and the "Web Management Tools" in the UI when you install it, as that page explains :

    ---000---
    If you use Control Panel to install IIS, you get the default installation, which has a minimum set
    of features. If you need additional IIS features, such as Application Development Features or
    Web Management Tools, make sure to select the check boxes associated with those features
    in the Windows Features dialog box.

    1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
    2. In Control Panel, click Programs and then click Turn on or off Windows Features.
    3. In the Windows Features dialog box, click Internet Information Services and then click OK.
    ---000---

    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 19, 2007
  17. Thanks, Stephen. I set up my new my PC last night, but could not find IIS
    for my SQL Srvr Express Ed until reading your msg about 5 mins ago. On my PC
    I had to:

    click on the main 'Programs' link (as opposed to add/remove, etc.);
    then under 'Programs and Features' select the 2nd link 'Turn Windows
    features on or off';
    then selected IIS which is the 3rd option.

    I know this is detailed, but some get stressed over finding features in
    Windows' upgrades. Also, I saw a lot of links online about downloading IIS
    which is totally unnecessary.
    --
    Nothing is more important than that you feel good. -Abraham

    =?Utf-8?B?bm90X2hpZGRlbg==?=, Aug 4, 2007
  18. Steven Spits

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Just note in that Home Premium NT authentication isn't supported with IIS.
    It has bit impact on debugging and such... MS has published a fix for it,
    luckily:

    http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/a...ng-of-ASP.NET-applications-on-IIS7-Vista.aspx

    --
    Teemu Keiski