    thanks (as always)
    some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    kes
    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Sep 22, 2005

  2. NO SMART **** remarks!!!!! :) (I'm a 9 year Cold fusion veterian)
    The problem was i has the latest version of Coldfusion MX7 stopped. I don't
    know why iis would throw a fit because of another service, but it did. And
    it was interfering with vs loading (via iis) aspx pages.
    ok, this may help someone out here!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Kes,

    Does it start out fast and gradually slow down. E.g. If you shut the box
    down (not just a restart) and then power it back up is it slow from the very
    start?

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche
    S. Justin Gengo, Sep 22, 2005
  4. thanks for responding
    it was slow period! and it seems that iis will keep trying to find related
    extentions, in this case .cfm, .cfc, even when the service is off. That was
    the problem. All is ok now.
    kes

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Sep 22, 2005
  5. Kes,

    I've never heard of anything like that! You say it's ok now? I'm happy for
    you. Did you figure out what it was or did it magically fix itself?

    S. Justin Gengo, Sep 22, 2005
  6. no magic, I turned on the Cold fusion service. IIS is not able to ignore
    extentions even when the related service is off. no references to cfm in my
    aspx pages or sites.
    thanks
    kes

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Sep 22, 2005
  7. Ahhh, Ok, I don't think I'd ever have guessed that. But I've never used Cold
    Fusion.

    S. Justin Gengo, Sep 22, 2005