IIS on XP Pro is now so slow it's not usable.

Guest

Has this happened to anyone here?
I first thought that it was a Vs.net problem but i now see it take a good
min. to load an html page. The aspx pages load very slowly in vs.net, but i
think this is related to iis slowing down.
Any Help would be appreciated.
thanks
kes

Guest

NO SMART **** remarks!!!!! :) (I'm a 9 year Cold fusion veterian)
The problem was i has the latest version of Coldfusion MX7 stopped. I don't
know why iis would throw a fit because of another service, but it did. And
it was interfering with vs loading (via iis) aspx pages.
ok, this may help someone out here!!!

S. Justin Gengo

Kes,

Does it start out fast and gradually slow down. E.g. If you shut the box
down (not just a restart) and then power it back up is it slow from the very
start?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

thanks for responding
it was slow period! and it seems that iis will keep trying to find related
extentions, in this case .cfm, .cfc, even when the service is off. That was
the problem. All is ok now.
kes
--
thanks (as always)
some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting

S. Justin Gengo said:
Kes,

Does it start out fast and gradually slow down. E.g. If you shut the box
down (not just a restart) and then power it back up is it slow from the very
start?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

S. Justin Gengo

Kes,

I've never heard of anything like that! You say it's ok now? I'm happy for
you. Did you figure out what it was or did it magically fix itself?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
WebBuilder451 said:
thanks for responding
it was slow period! and it seems that iis will keep trying to find related
extentions, in this case .cfm, .cfc, even when the service is off. That
was
the problem. All is ok now.
kes

Guest

no magic, I turned on the Cold fusion service. IIS is not able to ignore
extentions even when the related service is off. no references to cfm in my
aspx pages or sites.
thanks
kes

S. Justin Gengo

Ahhh, Ok, I don't think I'd ever have guessed that. But I've never used Cold
Fusion.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP