    When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.

    rgds

    Dave.

    Dave Brown, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Dave Brown

    Bernard Guest

    what's the error msgs ? when you change to different port, do you actually
    post it to that port ?

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah

    "Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls

    from
    > a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
    > If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to

    display

    Bernard, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Dave Brown

    ajaymehra Guest

    This is a problem with MS
    They have restricted processing on port 80 only

    Dave Brown wrote:
    > *Hi all,
    > Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows form
    > controls from
    > a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
    > If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control t
    > display
    > correctly.
    > When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
    >
    > rgds
    >
    > Dave.

    ajaymehr

    ajaymehra, Feb 11, 2004
  4. "Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in
    > Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls
    > from a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
    > If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to
    > display correctly.
    > When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.

    IIS doesnt care what port its using. Have you adjusted your URLs? What kinds
    of errors are you having?

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Dave Brown

    1 Guest

    Your description is very vague but when you call up the site using the new
    port do you specifically request that port...

    ie: http://www.microsoft.com:<port_number>

    Port number should be after the colon : following the url....

    As far as configuring IIS is concerned you just change port and that's it.

    Cheers

    1, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Dave Brown

    Dave Brown Guest

    Hi Guys,

    Yeah i'm specifiying the ports and everything I believe is as it should be,
    but their appears to be a security issue with .NET assemblies being
    executed/called when the webserver port isnt 80.
    There is another thread I started a bit further up called Dot Net
    Limitations there are a few replies to that one, others seem to think it
    also security as when I call the page hosting the control a Fusion error log
    is written and the error is a security exception.

    Rgds

    Dave Brown, Feb 12, 2004
  7. This is a bug. Fixes will be in a future service pack; you can contact
    Product Support if you need a QFE before the service pack is out.

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence
    Program Manager