    resolving this issue I'd like to know. Please know that this is an urgent
    matter so if there are any options I can try that would minimize this problem
    for the short term I'd like to explore that as well.

    mgdev, Apr 9, 2010

  2. mgdev

    Bob Barrows Guest

    mgdev wrote:
    > I need some help on how to troubleshoot IIS Randomly Hanging on my
    > server.
    >
    > Late last year we upgraded our ASP.net (2.0) application with a lot

    **********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************
    recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    to help you.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    **********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************

    You might try checking the IIS logs to see if there is any clue. Also
    the Windows Event Viewer might offer some clues.

    Bob Barrows, Apr 9, 2010

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?bWdkZXY=?=
    <> writing in

    > I need some help on how to troubleshoot IIS Randomly Hanging on my
    > server.
    >
    > Late last year we upgraded our ASP.net (2.0) application with a lot of
    > new features. Now that we've rolled this new version out to many of
    > our customers we're getting complaints about IIS hanging and needing
    > to be restarted. Unfortunately, this hanging is random. After the
    > restart of IIS the application works as expected. We are unable to
    > predictably reproduce this hanging situation. But at some point,
    > anywhere from an hour to a few days, the w3wp.exe will hang again and
    > prevent the system from being used. I have observed this first hand,
    > but as I stated above, after restarting IIS I can't reproduce the
    > problem.
    >
    > We have seen this problem in both IIS6 (Server 2003) and IIS7 (Server
    > 2008).
    >
    > If you have any suggestions on how I can go about troubleshooting or
    > resolving this issue I'd like to know. Please know that this is an
    > urgent matter so if there are any options I can try that would
    > minimize this problem for the short term I'd like to explore that as
    > well.

    This is a Classic ASP group, and you would probably do better in an IIS
    group anyway. I would try microsoft.public.inetserver.iis first and see how
    it goes there.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services