    Best regards,
    Christina IME

    (Windows XP is Pro version 2002, service pack 1)
    Christina IME, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Christina,

    It's possible that the install went bad and didn't make all the associations
    for an .aspx file.

    Open the Visual Studio.Net Command Window (Start - All Programs - Microsoft
    Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio.Net Tools - Visual Studio.Net 2003
    Command Prompt)

    And from there run the command: aspnet_regiis -i

    This will re-install the web components of .Net and their associations.

    If that doesn't fix things up you'll have to uninstall and then re-install.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    "Christina IME" <> wrote in message
    > I have configured a brand new machine with IIS and Windows XP Pro, plus

    ..NET
    > Framework v1.1. Installation went perfect. But when I run a simple ASPX

    file
    > containing only "<% Response.Write("Hello World") %>", IIS returns the

    whole

    S. Justin Gengo, Nov 17, 2003