IIS Security strange things

Guest

I have intranet application based on ASP.NET on Win2000AS (Framework 1.1).

Website uses an Integrated Windows Authentication as Authentication method
in IIS and has following security configuration in the web.config

<identity impersonate="false" />

<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

<customErrors defaultRedirect="CustomError.aspx" mode="Off">
<error statusCode="401" redirect="Custom401.html"/>
</customErrors>

And everything goes fine for 99.9% users and not for one only, who always
get a popup login window to login this website.
He has WinXP box, with latest browser, like many others, but for any reason
website cannot recognize that user as a valid internal user.

Any ideas? Thank you

Arvind P Rangan

Hi ,
In IE open Options -> select Security
Select Custom LEVEL -> User Authentication
Check if the user has checked Prompt for user name and password.
If its marked make it to auttomatic login only in intranet zone.
Arvind

Guest

Hi, Arvind

yes, he has the default level (medium low) for the intranet zone
and in addition that site inserted in Local Intranet Site List
(Security - Sites - Advanced...)

Alexey

Arvind P Rangan

Alexey,
Click on Custom Level
and in that See what is selected for User Authentication.
Arvind