IIS Sending Headers

Chandler

If I have an ASP file that sends less than 110 (I believe
its 110) characters IIS will, at the top of the document,
add some header info about the server and page. This
happens in every web directory I have. If I take out the
<HEAD></HEAD> section of the page, this information is
not added. Any ideas?

Chandler

Chandler

<%@ LANGUAGE=VBScript %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Will result in:
"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:

<HTML>
" - IE's View Source output

If I leave out the <HEAD></HEAD> section it will send
everything correctly.

I have tried this with different browsers, same effect.

Chandler

Ken Schaefer

Interesting - the data that's there are legitimate HTTP headers. Your
browser shouldn't be rendering them. However, the Date: header seems
truncated - there's no time being displayed. Normally, the HTTP headers
should look like something like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:44:59 GMT

Notice how the Date header has a time in it?

Cheers
Ken