    Please let me know what else I have to do to run asp
    program at IIS?

    Thanks.

    Mactash, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Mactash

    TomB Guest

    Web Matrix - are you talking asp.net or asp?

    After you created the virtual directory how did you access it? Through
    http://localhost/virtualdirectory/default.asp

    TomB, Jan 27, 2004

  3. What does "not working" mean?

    And as Tom asked, are these ASP pages, or ASPX pages?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Mactash

    Mactash Guest

    It is asp.net.
    The simple program line is as sollowing:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>

    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    This page was last refreshed on <%= Now() %>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    This file is located at the wwwroot directory and
    It dosnt show any thing when I open this
    as :http://localhost/default.aspx

    It runs at asp.matrix web server.
    Shall I change the setting of the IIS or my program is
    missing sth?

    Thank you folks.

    Mactash, Jan 27, 2004
  5. You'll probably get better answers in an IIS or ASP.NET group. This group
    is dedicated to classic ASP...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Mactash

    Mactash Guest

    Its asp.net
    the program lines are as follow:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <head>
    </head>
    This page was last refreshed on <%= Now() %>.

    I located the file at
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testproject\newfile.aspx
    I access this through
    http://localhost/testproject/newfile.aspx

    I can run this througg asp.matrix web server but not IIS.
    Shall I change the IIS settings?
    Thank you.

    Mactash, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Mactash

    Guest Guest

    I couldnt find the asp.net newgroup. Do you know in which
    category it is?
    Thanks.

    in

    Guest, Jan 27, 2004
  8. Did you try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet?

    (Also, you'll have MUCH better luck using a newsreader, like Outlook
    Express, rather than some web-based interface.)

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 27, 2004
  9. Mactash

    MACTASH Guest

    I will post my question there.
    Do you know some new group address to set up in the
    outlook express.
    I appreciate it,
    Mactash

    in
    >> message

    is

    wrote

    MACTASH, Jan 27, 2004
  10. The server is msnews.microsoft.com

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 27, 2004
  11. Mactash

    middletree Guest

    Really? I've been using news.microsoft.com the past couple of years.

    middletree, Jan 27, 2004
  12. One and the same (try a ping... it won't work because they block it, but
    you'll see they resolve to the same IP).

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 27, 2004
  13. Mactash

    Ray at Guest

    I used that server for years as well, and then it disappeared one day. When
    that happened, OE dumped all my group information and all my saved messages
    were gone. I probably could have recovered them by backing up the pbx
    files, setting up my subscriptions on the new server, and then overwriting
    the new pbx files, but I didn't bother. But the point is it was a bit
    annoying when it happened, so I decided I should use msnews.microsoft.com
    since then!

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jan 27, 2004