IIS setting to run Asp

Mactash

Folks,

I am trying just to run a simple asp commands in the
Internet Explorer. ( I have windows XP)

When I run this asp lines on ASP Matrix web server it is
ok.

But, when I run this on IIS it acts like the asp engine
is not working.

I created the virtual directory and started the default
server web page but still not working.

Please let me know what else I have to do to run asp
program at IIS?

Thanks.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

What does "not working" mean?

And as Tom asked, are these ASP pages, or ASPX pages?

Mactash

It is asp.net.
The simple program line is as sollowing:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<HTML>
<BODY>
This page was last refreshed on <%= Now() %>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This file is located at the wwwroot directory and
It dosnt show any thing when I open this
as :http://localhost/default.aspx

It runs at asp.matrix web server.
Shall I change the setting of the IIS or my program is
missing sth?

Thank you folks.

Mactash

Its asp.net
the program lines are as follow:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<head>
</head>
This page was last refreshed on <%= Now() %>.

I located the file at
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testproject\newfile.aspx
I access this through
http://localhost/testproject/newfile.aspx

I can run this througg asp.matrix web server but not IIS.
Shall I change the IIS settings?
Thank you.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Did you try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet?

(Also, you'll have MUCH better luck using a newsreader, like Outlook
Express, rather than some web-based interface.)

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

MACTASH

I will post my question there.
Do you know some new group address to set up in the
outlook express.
I appreciate it,
Mactash

Ray at

I used that server for years as well, and then it disappeared one day. When
that happened, OE dumped all my group information and all my saved messages
were gone. I probably could have recovered them by backing up the pbx
files, setting up my subscriptions on the new server, and then overwriting
the new pbx files, but I didn't bother. But the point is it was a bit
annoying when it happened, so I decided I should use msnews.microsoft.com
since then!

Ray at home