IIS Sub folder inheritance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2hhaWxlbiBTdWt1bA==?=, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. I have a primary website at the root folder in IIS.
    I have applications installed in the child subfolders in IIS.

    The root application has a couple of themes. The root is also associated
    with a url ex http://www.mycompany.com

    I access the sub applications with this url: http://www.mycompany.com/myApp

    The themes in my root folder are getting inherited in my sub applications
    and I have had to add "dummy" theme folders to get around this issue. So far
    so good.

    Recently I tried to add DasBlog as a sub-folder application and it really
    does not like .Net Themes. So it immediately throws an error.

    My question is: is there a way for sub folder applications to ignore the
    settings of the root folder?

    Thanks.
    --
    Good luck!

    Shailen Sukul
    Architect
    (BSc MCTS, MCSD.Net MCSD MCAD)
    Ashlen Consulting Service P/L
    (http://www.ashlen.net.au)
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhaWxlbiBTdWt1bA==?=, Dec 5, 2006

  2. I was hoping someone could help me but so far there has been no feedback.
    Maybe someone from Microsoft can take a look at this?

    --
    With Regards
    Shailen Sukul

    Shailen Sukul, Dec 6, 2006