IIS v5.0 and ASP.NET v1.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mikey, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Mikey

    Mikey Guest

    Hello,

    I've just got finished setting up IIS v5.0 on Windows 2000
    Professional with ASP.NET v1.0, but everytime I request an
    ASP.NET application (.aspx,) from within the browser, I receive
    an unhandled exception error (With no event log entry.)

    Here's an example of the error from an .aspx document with only
    <%@ Language="C#" EnableSessionState="False" %> and plain HTML:

    resource required to service this request. Please review the
    following specific error details and modify your source code
    appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: CS0007: Unexpected common language
    runtime initialization error -- 'Not enough storage is
    available to complete this operation. '

    I've tried searching search.msn.com and google.com using parts
    (And all, hehe,) of the error but gave up after an hour.

    Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    Mikey, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Mikey

    Oliver Guest

    Reinstall .NET?

    MS has this about that error:

    "The common language runtime installation may be corrupt.

    Reinstall the common language runtime portion of your operating system."

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/cscomp/html/vctbscompilererrorsc0007.asp

    Oliver, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Mikey

    Clint Guest

    Did you install IIS before or after the .NET Framework was
    installed? IIS should always be installed first. Then when
    you install the framework, the appropriate registry
    entries and environment settings will be made.

    url=/library/en-us/cscomp/html/vctbscompilererrorsc0007.asp

    >"Mikey" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've just got finished setting up IIS v5.0 on Windows

    2000
    >> Professional with ASP.NET v1.0, but everytime I request

    an
    >> ASP.NET application (.aspx,) from within the browser, I

    receive
    >> an unhandled exception error (With no event log entry.)
    >>
    >> Here's an example of the error from an .aspx document

    with only
    >> <%@ Language="C#" EnableSessionState="False" %> and

    plain HTML:

    of a

    Clint, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Mikey

    Mikey Guest

    Well, I installed IIS relatively last and the Framework first.
    However, I used the aspnet_regiis.exe utility to setup ASP.NET
    and it was working fine, but indeed I'll try re-installing the
    framework.

    Mikey, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Mikey

    Mikey Guest

    Hello there,

    I've just finished re-installing the .NET Framework 1.0, Service
    Pack 2 and restarting the system and the problem persists:/

    Mikey, Oct 31, 2003