IIS Versions incompatibility between Server and Client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Eric, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to setup an environment with Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0
    on server side and Windows XP Pro sp2 on client side that uses IIS 5.1.
    I have tried to create a project on the server (IIS 6.0) from visual
    studio installed on XP workstation but i get an error telling me that
    IIS versions are different on client and server side and due to that it
    can't create a project and set the permissions properly on it at server
    side.

    Is it possible to install IIS 6.0 on Windows XP?

    If not do someone have any idea on how to solve this issue?

    thanks for any advice

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Eric

    Keko Guest

    i'm work your config but no error.

    Keko, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Here is the error I get and a possible workaround that is the
    installation of front page extensions 2000 or 2002 on server side

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q320451

    Keko could you please confirm to me that you have Frontpage extension
    installed and configured on your server. If not I'm very interested in
    knowing how are your server 2003 and XP client configured.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 1, 2005