IIS virtual directories and web.config lock

Matty J

Hi
We have an ASP.NET web application that uses POX AJAX (not .NET AJAX),
and we've put the web services on a separate sub-domain for future
scalability (and which we'd like to keep that way).

Due to Javascript's cross-domain security policy though, we've
currently had to map a virtual directory in the website application to
the folder containing the web services (as they're on the same server
at the moment). However, we now are getting an error which appears to
be due to web.config becoming locked, but only when accessed via the
virtual directory.

Anyone got any ideas on why or a workaround?

Cheers
Matt