    Thanks,
    Sam.

    , Sep 15, 2005

  2. Siva M Guest

    Hi,

    WRT the second question: sessionState timout indicates the session timeout
    (duration of user inactivity after which the user session is destroyed).
    authentication timout is the timeout for the cookie used by Forms Auth.

    First question: IIS timeout is for ASP scripts only. For ASP.NET, use
    web.config's timeout.

    HTH

    <> wrote in message
    Hello,
    I was unable to find a concrete pointer as to the precedence of
    IIS, Web.config when it comes to timeout. Say, IIS has a timeout value
    set different from that of web.config, which one is considered?

    Besides, could anyone differentiate the timeout attributes between the
    lines marked with astericks?

    <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="180"/> **

    <authentication mode="Forms" >
    <!--forms name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" timeout="60" /-->
    **
    <!--<forms loginUrl="DesktopDefault.aspx"
    timeout="15"></forms> -->
    </authentication>

    I mean, what is the difference between the 2 timeout attributes?

    Thanks,
    Sam.

    Siva M, Sep 15, 2005