IIS won't recognize if an ASP page has been changed - solution

Michael G. Schneider

On Nov 16th I asked about a problem where ASP pages, which were located on a
UNC-share, would not work correctly. IIS would not recognize, if the ASP
page has been changed.

Nobofy had a hint here, so I later asked the same question on
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis. There I learned to know, that this is
indeed a known feature of IIS6. Certain registry keys have to be set, in
order for Change Notification to work. It is described in...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...windowsserver2003/deploy/confeat/RemStorg.asp

Michael G. Schneider

Bob Barrows

Michael said:
On Nov 16th I asked about a problem where ASP pages, which were
located on a
UNC-share, would not work correctly. IIS would not recognize, if the
ASP
page has been changed.

Nobofy had a hint here, so I later asked the same question on
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis. There I learned to know, that this is
indeed a known feature of IIS6. Certain registry keys have to be set,
in
order for Change Notification to work. It is described in...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...windowsserver2003/deploy/confeat/RemStorg.asp

Michael G. Schneider

Thanks for the followup. I was curious.

Bob Barrows