IIS

Steven Burn

Just wondering if IIS has any option for blocking direct linking and/or
downloading of certain file types....... and if it has an option to block
programs such as IntelliTamper? (IntelliTamper allows literally anyone to
connect directly to your server and browser file's, including
hidden/restricted one's..... which is kind of worrying me).

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Guest

IntelliTamper is just piece of crap that is not working on IIS, your box
configured in the right way.

: Just wondering if IIS has any option for blocking direct linking and/or
: downloading of certain file types....... and if it has an option to block
: programs such as IntelliTamper? (IntelliTamper allows literally anyone to
: connect directly to your server and browser file's, including
: hidden/restricted one's..... which is kind of worrying me).
:
: --
: Regards
:
: Steven Burn
: Ur I.T. Mate Group
: www.it-mate.co.uk
:
: Keeping it FREE!
:
: Disclaimer:
: I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)
:
:
:

Roland Hall

:
: IntelliTamper is just piece of crap that is not working on IIS, your box
: configured in the right way.

That must be the technical term for it. (O:=

Jeff Cochran

Just wondering if IIS has any option for blocking direct linking and/or
downloading of certain file types....... and if it has an option to block
programs such as IntelliTamper? (IntelliTamper allows literally anyone to
connect directly to your server and browser file's, including
hidden/restricted one's..... which is kind of worrying me).

Might try the IIS groups, since these aren't ASP issues...

Jeff