    asa are missing the DLL files. Like "inetsrvasp.dll" how can I get this
    back. Would this be on the original CD.

    Thanks
    JoeM, Feb 5, 2006

  2. asp, cer, cdx,asa,htr file extensions are all handled by the asp.dll found
    in the inetserv folder in system32.

    Anthony.
    Anthony Jones, Feb 5, 2006

  3. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    I noticed that this file is not in they system32 folder.

    JoeM, Feb 5, 2006
  4. >I noticed that this file is not in they system32 folder.

    Did you mean the system32/inetserv folder?

    If so you have a broken install of IIS. It's not normally possible to
    install the IIS component of XP without installing ASP.

    Try re-installing/repairing IIS.

    Anthony.
    Anthony Jones, Feb 6, 2006
  5. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    OK, found the fold and file. Took the asp, cer, cdx,asa,htr extensions and
    linked them to the system32/inetserv/asp.dll. When I try to access a ASP
    page it says this page can not be displayed 404 error.
    I have uninstalled IIS and attempted to reinstall it, but it says it can not
    find the files on the CD. This CD is the original XP disk I bought that has
    no SPs with it (bought about 4 years ago).
    Any addition info would be appreciated.

    JoeM, Feb 6, 2006
  6. Which SP of XP are you running? If SP2 you will need an SP2 CD in order to
    reinstall stuff.

    When you say you 'linked' asp etc to asp.dll what exactly did you do?

    Anthony.
    Anthony Jones, Feb 6, 2006
  7. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    I am running SP2 right now. I went to the Home Directory, Clicked the
    configuration button, under the mappings tab I changed asp, cer, cdx,asa,htr
    file extensions to the system32/inetserv/asp.dll location it was set for
    404.dll. All of the extensions you mensioned were on 404.dll. I can
    create a SP2 disk from my original disk if that would help.

    Thanks

    JoeM, Feb 6, 2006
  8. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    Got an XP SP2 disk tried that, but it says it can not find certain files, I
    found the files on the CD, and directed it to it with no luck

    JoeM, Feb 6, 2006
  9. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    Anthony is it possible that since I am using fat32 not NTFS that this could
    be cause part of the problem?

    JoeM, Feb 7, 2006
  10. I can't see how being FAT32 would make this difference. If anything FAT32
    makes things more available than not. Still not a good choice for pretty
    much anything pure windows these days.

    I'm struggling to see how a XP Pro SP2 CD doesn't have the required files
    for IIS5.1 It's mystifying.

    Perhaps you should try in an XP group or a group more attuned to install and
    setup issues.

    Anthony.
    Anthony Jones, Feb 7, 2006
  11. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    Ok, thanks I'll see what else I can try.

    Thanks

    JoeM, Feb 7, 2006