IIS5 not showing ASP files, shows others

Sharon

Hello,

Annoying problem on a server with IIS 5. [We have other
IIS 5 that show asp files just fine. I'm at a loss. ]

I can open htm, html, gif, jpg, all files except asp
files. The message when opening an asp file is:

"The page cannot be found...
blah blah blah
HTTP 404 - File not found"

I've looked everywhere. Permissions are okay with IUSR
and security since we can browse other files. The asp
files in question are NOT marked Hidden...

What can I do to make it render the asp files? Ideas?

Thank you,
Sharon

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Turn off "show friendly HTTP errors" in Tools / Internet Options / Advanced,
reload the page, and tell us what the *real* error message is.

Steven Burn

I had this problem one of my systems that has only yesterday, had XP
installed on it........just trying to remember how I fixed it....

AH!.......remembered.....

I enabled Scripts and Executables (Low IIS Process since it's not going to
be connected to the net.....ever) and enabled the server extensions for the
domain itself.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Jeff Cochran

Hello,

Annoying problem on a server with IIS 5. [We have other
IIS 5 that show asp files just fine. I'm at a loss. ]

I can open htm, html, gif, jpg, all files except asp
files. The message when opening an asp file is:

"The page cannot be found...
blah blah blah
HTTP 404 - File not found"

I've looked everywhere. Permissions are okay with IUSR
and security since we can browse other files. The asp
files in question are NOT marked Hidden...

What can I do to make it render the asp files? Ideas?

Norton or other script blocking software, URLScan/IIS Lockdown without
ASP allowed, no script access on folder, many reasons possible.

Jeff

Sharon Beall

Jeff, that was it! URLScan/IIS Lockdown was set to not allow ASP.
Whew!

Thanks to everyone for all your input! I found the referenced articles
very useful and went through all of them trying everything...

Problem resolved with the lockdown tool....
Sharon