    Any recommendation or advice is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!
    Sam

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Sep 16, 2005

  2. If you want to use windows Auth with ASP.NET
    Go to IIS right click on the site u are interested in and select Properties
    > Directory Security >

    Anonymous Access >Edit and uncheck Anonymous access
    that will give you Windows Auth and you will now be prompted to logon to the
    webpage
    Now it will depend if you would like to authorize the user using AD or the
    group in the local machine.
    But if its in a DOMAIN environment you can set this easily in the Web.Config
    Check :-
    http://www.dotnetbips.com/238AE9FE-A319-49A1-8DFB-8CE354367373.aspx?articlei
    d=117
    or my blog at if interested in AD :-
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/naijacoder/
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > We have a small ASP.Net app that serves only a specific department. We

    would
    > like to use windows authentication and only allow the dept folks access

    the
    > web app.
    > Use IIS6, Windows 2003, a member server of AD domain. Now, we dont want to
    > use IP address based auth. The dept has a group created in local machine

    as
    > well as in the AD. we dont want anyone besides that group (department)

    access
    > the app.
    >
    > What is the best way to get authentication working for the above ASP.Net

    app?

    Patrick.O.Ige, Sep 19, 2005