    (Default settings for this)

    Have you any idea ?

    Thanks !
    Mathieu MARCIACQ, Oct 24, 2007

  2. "Mathieu MARCIACQ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I've a curious thing...
    >
    > My sessions variables are resetted without any more information from
    > time to time.
    >
    > I am calling /Alive.asp every 5 minutes. (Doesn't really do anything by
    > itself, it is here only to keep alive the sessions)
    > And from time to time, a Session_OnStart is called again ! (And my
    > Session variables are resetted)
    > I've checked this with the AppendToLog in the Session_onStart
    >
    > - The cookie ASPSESSIONID has not changed
    > - It's not a session timeout (20minutes)
    > - There is nothing in the eventlog about pool recycling
    > (Default settings for this)
    >

    > Have you any idea ?

    None. My guess is that whilst a the existing Session cookie hasn't changed
    its defunct and a new Session cookie has been added (note that ASPSESSION
    cookie names identify the instance of an application). It's my guess that
    this will have been caused by the application pool being recycled. Monitor
    the ProcessID of the w3wp.exe process hosting the application, when
    Session_OnStart fires has is the ProcessID still the same?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Anthony Jones a écrit :
    > None. My guess is that whilst a the existing Session cookie hasn't changed
    > its defunct and a new Session cookie has been added (note that ASPSESSION
    > cookie names identify the instance of an application). It's my guess that
    > this will have been caused by the application pool being recycled. Monitor
    > the ProcessID of the w3wp.exe process hosting the application, when
    > Session_OnStart fires has is the ProcessID still the same?

    Will check this. Doesn't it record anything in the eventlog about this ?
    How can I track the website that cause the pool recycling ?

    Thanks.
    Mathieu MARCIACQ, Oct 25, 2007